Control Systems Electrical Technician
Automation & Control was established to become a leader in the design, supply and installation of control systems, robotics and automation solutions to customers of the Mechanical Equipment Group (MEG);
As Automation & Control continues to expand to meet the demands of this growth industry, we are looking for a professional, enthusiastic and experienced electrical technician to help the team achieve our goals.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Full-Time or Part Time Electrical Technician, based at our Wangara WA premises. We are looking for an individual with experience in:
- Assembly of control systems and switch boards
- Site installation of electrical drives and controls and related automation equipment
- Installation of electrical and robotic equipment equipment
- International applications are welcome
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate personal safety leadership by adhering to and promoting all safety policies and procedures
- Lead by example and carry out all work in a safe manner ensuring the safety and well-being of you, other employees, contractors and visitors
- Develop and participate in the overall execution of planned and unplanned electrical based tasks
- Ensure that all statutory and organisational, operational, reliability and safety requirements are adhered to at all times
- Participate with operational teams in carrying out all tasks undertaken with best practice outcomes
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all internal and external departments with stake holdings
- Monitor, measure, communicate and report, issues, opportunities, risks, technical deviations and achievements pro-actively in all work place areas
- Conduct preventative maintenance and repair electrical plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Conduct general repairs and calibration of industrial instrumentation
- Logically and systematically solve problems by implementing sound fault finding and fault rectification processes
- Assist with PLC investigation and repairs
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the relevant standards (ie AS3000 , AS61439)
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of Control Panel Building techniques
- Trade qualification in Electrical (A Grade Electrical License)
- Panel Building Experience
- Licenses – High Risk EWP, WAH, Confined Spaces (preferred but not essential)
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and understanding of process plant equipment
- Proven aptitude towards applying knowledge in an Electrical/Instrument field to arrive at practical and sustainable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to undertake problem solving investigations and reviews
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Australian Citizenship or hold a valid visa with permission to work
- National Police clearance.
Applicants with a proven track record in the electrical services industry will be highly regarded. The successful applicant must have appropriate certification and qualification, an appropriate electrical worker’s licence and hold a current manual driver’s licence. Immediate start available.
We always look to promote from within the MEG Group as positions become available. Our aim is to help our team identify their strengths and enable them to excel in a role that best suits their individual talents, creating a positive environment where we can continue to grow not only as individuals but as a team.
Automation and Control are looking for someone who wants a challenge and to be part of a thriving team. Our company beliefs and core values are our priority, understanding why we have our roles, is as important as how we perform them. Our aim is to improve the lives of our team and our customers by exceeding expectations in everything we do. Our core values are Customer Service, Understanding and Innovation.
Uniform and generous remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate upon employment.
For product range details visit us online:- automation-control.com.au
for more information on our group please visit – meggroup.com.au
Please send you resume and information requests to Wayne Maxwell: [email protected]
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.
You can also apply for this role on Seek
*Only applicants who meet the above-mentioned criteria will be considered for the position.