Project Engineer – Bulk Materials Handling – Wangara, WA
We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join our team in Wangara.
This is a rewarding role in the Bulk Materials Handling Industry, representing leading brands through existing customers and a large install base. This position involves applying your experience to design and assist in delivering successful projects.
We aim to provide an environment that encourages our team to enjoy their roles and grow personally and professionally within our business.
Personality and aptitude are our main requirements.
Opportunities for advancement will be made available as we continue to expand our business.
We are looking for an individual with:
- Aptitude for the role and a willingness to work as part of a team.
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree (or similar) would be advantageous but not essential if experience and competency can be demonstrated.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in mechanical engineering/bulk material handling projects
- Being able to interpret mechanical drawings to an advanced level.
- Experience in Solid Works or AutoCAD 3D would be beneficial.
- Being able to discern the suitability of the project to our business range of products available.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to consult with our customers and build relationships with stakeholders, clients and contractors.
- Good analytical, research and evaluation skills, with the ability to provide solutions to problems and challenges as they arise through the project cycle.
What Your Day Looks Like:
- Following the standard company process for costing and quoting on new suitable project opportunities.
- Ensure that active projects stay within the allocated budget and timeframe, report on contract performance against KPIs and requirements, identify and undertake corrective action if required and escalate when appropriate.
- Review tender documents to ensure contractual risks are minimised or mitigated by insurance or other means as far as commercially practical.
- Interpret tender requirements, terms and conditions and ensure that all parties understand and deliver on their responsibilities.
- Validate invoices and reports and ensure that payment schedules are met.
- Assess and prepare contract variations and exemption requests, making appropriate decisions based on risk.
- Manage the project process through the usage of our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system ensuring tasks are completed, submitted, and followed up accordingly
- Assist management in developing Inquip’s supplier relationships.
- A keen interest in project management.
- An eye for detail and compliance
- Customer service focused.
- Have completed a Mechanical Engineering Degree (or similar),
- Team Focused.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Professional presentation.
- Must have a valid C-class driver’s licence.
- This is an exciting opportunity to forge a rewarding and secure career in an ever-changing industry.
- A generous remuneration package with an achievable bonus structure.
- Uniform will be provided.
Inquip are looking for someone who wants a challenge and to be part of a thriving team.
We always look to promote from within the MEG (Mechanical Equipment Group) Group as positions become available. Our aim is to help our team identify their strengths and enable them to excel in a role that best suits their individual talents, creating a positive environment where we can continue to grow not only as individuals but as a team.
Our aim is to improve the lives of our team and our customers by focusing on our core values: – Customer Service, Understanding and Support. Being part of this together will allow us to provide outstanding support to each other and our customers.
Check us out on Facebook and LinkedIn to get an idea of who we are and what it means to be part of our team at Inquip – inquip.com.au – meggroup.com.au
If you would like to be considered, please click the Apply button or email [email protected]
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have experience preparing and submitting tenders?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of experience do you have as a Project Engineer?
- How many years of experience do you have as a Project Electrical Engineer?